Employee Review of Intel Corporation - Check out more reviews of working at Intel Corporation

From San Jose — 05/07/2010

Intel is a wonderful company, you learn a lot there, your coworkers are so competent and intelligent that you just cant help but learning and growing. The company structure and even its focal (performance review) process was great, i think it did measure the employees performance fairly. I would say there are a couple of areas for improvement: 1- People management: managers of managers usually are not people oriented, focusont he process and dont value or trust their managers. First line managers work hard to please their individual contributors only to have their managers come and "destroy" what they have done. 2- Work/Life balance: Although they preach WLE is the norm, the truth is that you have to work 6-80 hour weeks in a consistent basis, therefore you are not fairly compensated.
Some of the other great things the company has are: 1- Benefits: excellent health benefits, bonuses, SPP and RSU programs. These are above the industry standard. 2- Use of technology: only after leaving Intel did i understood how efficient the use of technology was. 3- Communication: the companies focus on ensuring employees are in the loop of corporate developments helps you become involved in the wellbeing of the company. 4- Corporate Social Responsibility: Great efforts, excellent support!

All in all, i have to say my stay at Intel was very positive, it is dissapointing that a bad management made me leave.