Employee Review of Ingersoll Rand - Check out more reviews of working at Ingersoll Rand

From Chino, CA — 09/14/2008

Have been working at the facility for 18 months and am enjoying myself. Pay was good for entry level and the benefits are great. Politics exist as in any other facility/office but put in the effort to get to know peers, supervisors, and managers and there is no problem in regard to respect issues. Speak intelligently, be humble, remain tactful and just about anybody will bend over backwards to help you out with the exception of a few managers and supervisors. No concern in regard to job security as there are many projects in the pipeline. Work/Life balance is great as managers are understanding of personal needs and while you may have to work the occasional 12 hour shift, you will not be denied an afternoon off if it is truly needed. Not too sure about career potential yet as I am still fairly new but it appears to be limited. The work environment is exciting and co-worker competence, while high, may at times be non existent as a few workers have low morale and feel that they cannot make a difference. Appears that they are just hanging out and waiting for retirement at times. Over all this is a great company to work for and I am proud to be a part of it. Hope to see more posts soon, especially if it differs from my own experiences. Thanks!!