Employee Review of INFORMATICA - Check out more reviews of working at INFORMATICA

From Redwood City, CA — 02/01/2010

Informatica has a highly-political work environment and is notorious for employee churn. The department for which I worked had constant turnover. This is particularly true of the sales and marketing departments, and not even execs are completely immune. Another example is the high attrition rate of employees that join through acquisition. They do pay very well and benefits are good, put they exact a high price from you, too. You are expected to be on 24/7 and you can be terminated at any moment. Top management mostly came from Oracle and the culture at Informatica is an intense and concentrated version of Oracle's. If that's a situation you're willing to deal with, then a job at Informatica can be lucrative. The company is doing well.