Employee Review of IKEA - Check out more reviews of working at IKEA

From Bloomington, Minnesota — 06/10/2009

The pay is decent for a starting position, but nothing phenomenal. I only worked part time so the yearly salary isn't really applicable. I think that the managers try to accommodate the coworkers to a reasonable degree. The benefits are excellent if you stay at the company long enough to receive them (i.e. not a temporary position). As far as I know, they rarely do lay-offs so if you start working there and want to keep working there, you most likely can do so. Between the job security and the benefits, they aim to keep you around; they are looking mostly employees seeking a career. The scheduling is pretty flexible. There is a lot of room for advancement and movement withing the company, but you often need to be willing to relocate to get some of the better advancements. The location was a bit of a drive for me, but it wasn't too bad; this was probably the worst part of the job for me. the coworkers are friendly and knowledgeable and the store is overall a fun place to work. I would reccomend it =)