Employee Review of IBM - Check out more reviews of working at IBM

From Boulder, Colorado — 12/23/2009

32 years working for IBM. The pay is excellent. It's based on a merit/performance rating system so there are many that contribute little and are paid accordingly. For the top performers, the pay increases and potential to earn more are unlimited. Work location is great since I have the option to work from my home office or the IBM office in Boulder. As far as job security, IBM can let you go at any time for any reason but I've been employed by IBM during good times and bad times for 32 years and I have not worried about my job security. In IBM job security is determined by how much IBM wants to keep you based on what you are contributing to the business now/today. The benefits are decent, paid vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision. I don't take these benefits for granted since I know many working people do not enjoy these same benefits. Overall, I am very glad I spent my career working for IBM and I will continue to work for IBM until I'm ready to leave on my own terms.