Employee Review of Humana - Check out more reviews of working at Humana

From Louisville, KY — 01/29/2008

I work from home, so I can't say much about the work environment or location, but this company has treated me very well. The headquarters building and others I have visited are very nice. They have a great cafeteria. The dress code is more fancy than I would like, and usually you have to donate money to charity to be able to wear jeans. But they have many work-from-home jobs where you can obviously wear whatever you want. The pay is higher than I ever imagined, and the benefits are quite good. The health insurance coverage isn't as good as I had hoped it would be for myself, but I guess that is a problem with most companies these days. The paid time off employees are given is quite good, although the culture is such that sometimes people do not take the paid federal holidays they are given. With only a few exceptions, managers in my section of the company are very good. They are down-to-earth, sensitive, competent, supportive, respectful, and appreciative. I believe I have as much job security as a person can reasonably expect and that there is potential for advancement. This is the first job I've ever had (and there have been many) where I honestly feel good about what I do and feel adequately treated, paid, and appreciated. I highly recommend this company as an employer.