Employee Review of Home depot - Check out more reviews of working at Home depot

From Rochester, NY — 03/25/2010

I see a lot of complaining going on and not much else. A work environment is what you make it. I started with the company at a decent salary, primarily because I know a little bit about what I am worth, including my experience. I do not see so much of this incompetence of DH's that is mentioned here, however there may be some lack of experience in some of them. I find almost everyday that most of the associates are pleasant and sometimes downright cheery. I think if people are so angry or irritated at their job they should look and see what they are doing to improve the condition. It's a job, it's going to be difficult somedays, especially in a retail environment. I've been in the workforce, for about 25 years, and the Home Depot is by far one of the better places and better conditions I've worked in. It's funny how I see people complain because they're not getting paid more, but what they were offered was perfectly fine when they started. Be glad you have a job, one that overall is a pretty good job, that offers benefits, and a good salary if you ask for it up front. I have been wildly successful at the HD, and enjoy my work day about 75% of the time, and I find my coworkers enjoyable to be around. I have made many friends HD, and maybe taking on a DH role in the next few weeks. Because I show up, I do what I can to take care of my customers, I maintain a positive attitude because no matter what is going on in my life, it's not their fault, and I have been recognized and rewarded for all of that and more. Any workplace is what you make it, if you want to be miserable, then that is exactly what you will get.