Employee Review of Holiday Inn - Check out more reviews of working at Holiday Inn

From Fargo, North Dakota — 10/12/2010

My experience with the hotel has been fairly good. I can honestly say as long as you work hard and are mildly competent, you will be treated with the respect you deserve. If you're there trying to do as little as possible without being noticed, it will not go well for you. There is a reasonable amount of career potential within the hotel as long as you have your ducks in a row and are willing to be realistic about your position within the hotel. In the hospitality industry companies do not usually have the capital to pay department managers dearly. Your value to the company is directly related to the value of your department.

Like every company there will be people whom you may view as incompetent, but the older you get the more you will recognize this is the "norm". In conclusion, the hotel is a great place to work and develop customer relations skills as well as a general idea of how the hotel industry works. It is an excellent stepping stone that will give you a good reference, from one of the biggest hotel chains in the world, and will provide you with skills you need to succeed. Unless you're passionate about the hotel industry and strive to be an administrator, this may not be the best career choice for you, yet still an excellent experience.