Employee Review of Hobby Lobby - Check out more reviews of working at Hobby Lobby

From Statesboro, GA — 06/07/2010

I've only been working at Hobby Lobby in Statesboro, GA for about 3 or 4 months now. When I stumbled across this website, I was very surprised by most of the reviews. I hadn't been on an interview in a couple of years, so I was pretty nervous when I got a call back. My interviewing manager was one of the sweetest people I had ever met. I was originally hired as a part-time cashier at 7.75/hr, and was worked into a dept. a couple of weeks later. About 2 months or so after I started I was offered a full-time position in that dept. with benefits and a raise to 11/hr. I was also offered a part-time positon in the C.O. Not only was I thrilled, but my manager was just so happy to be able to offer that to me...it actually made me even happier. Like I said, I haven't been there very long, but so far I am happy with almost everything. Great in-store management, great employee team work. The one thing that does really irritate me is that even though employees arive at the store at 7am or earlier and stay until 10pm, the AC cuts on at 8:50am and cuts off at 7:50pm. We live in south Georgia, and maybe they've never woken up at 5 am to it being 90+ degrees outside with 100% humidity...but we do regularly and its complete hell to work in!!