Employee Review of General Dynamics - Check out more reviews of working at General Dynamics

From Tampa Florida — 12/29/2008

The paid is not bad. as long as you come in with a certification or college degree. If you do not have it and get hired without either, the company low balls you, but gives you a job and a chance to get your cert or degree. The pay is also based on your location within the United States. For those that travel alot, General Dynamics is very fair. They pay overtime, unlike many companies that pay a small percentage over your base pay. I have been working for the company for 7-years, I feel safe and secure, and the balance of work and life is great. I have been given alot of flex time. As for career growth, I have seen a number of people start at the bottom, and are site, and regional leads. Work Environment can be hard at times but that is because we support DOD, what can you expect from the government, first class airline tickets? No way. General DYnamics is a top notch company, stop complaining.