Employee Review of Geico Insurance - Check out more reviews of working at Geico Insurance

From Macon, GA — 08/13/2010

I feel sorry for those who make injury claims. We are told by our supervisors to delay, delay, delay. I am sick of treating customers unfairly. We do not engage in good faith practices here in the claims department and employ delay tactics that easily push claims beyond the one year statute of limitations. We hope that injured victims can will be overwhelmed and settle for pennies. Our delay tactics here in Macon, GA include having claims denied, not getting calls returned, being placed on hold extensively, being required to gather records repeatedly, and being passed from one adjuster to the next. Soon the financial burden of time off work and mounting medical bills drives good innocent victims to contact an attorney. Or worse, it makes them desperate enough to accept an extremely low settlement offer, limiting any future recovery of damages. I actually plan to use our inside information and give it to several outside attorneys.