Employee Review of ge healthcare - Check out more reviews of working at ge healthcare

From Eastern US — 01/03/2010

If you are hired as a Field Engineer (MRI, CT, US, XRay, etc) the company provides a ton of training and you eventually become to "valuable" in the field to be considered for a non-technical promotion (Con). Not to mention it is very difficult to move into management without a Masters Degree.

If you are young and hired as an FE with no Diagnostic Imaging experience you will be paid at the low end of the range, which is okay for the first couple years because you are learning on the job. However, once you have proven your ability and have been performing at the level of Senior FE's you will have to threaten to leave - or leave to earn what you are worth as an Engineer.

Management is fair and hands off as long as you are performing well and doing a good job. In terms of coworkers in the field most are very knowledgeable and work as a team.

The benefits are top notch and low cost, there are a lot of perks and discounts provided to employes (car/phone/internet/laptop). Work/Life and Job Security is better than most other companies.

My only grip and the reason I have left is to make more money. After a few years with GE I had the same amount of responsibilities and performing equally to the other members of my FE Service Team however was earning close to half of what they were making.

Great company, I wish this would've been my second stop in my FE career as I could have seen myself here long term.