Employee Review of Gap inc. - Check out more reviews of working at Gap inc.

From San Francisco, Ca — 02/18/2010

I was member of Corporate Administration team includes Facilities and Corporate Services, which manages headquarters building operations, and Corporate Food Services, which manages corporate cafes. Eventhough I worked hard and gained a lot of possitive feedback from other employees (considered as customers) and my supervisor, I was not motivated. My dream was acheiving my B.A. in business Management. I was told that Gap would reimburse expenses for full time employees those who wanted to continue the education (even the supervisor supported my decision). I applied and was accepted as a part-time student at UOP. After one month, the director told me that my request was denied because the business major was not related to my job. My position was Lead cashier/assistant manager. I was not sure if the director of my department did not want to motivate me or else. The only thing I found out was no matter if the major really related to my current job or not, I still should get the reimbursement. I left the company a while later to continue on my education.