Employee Review of Ford - Check out more reviews of working at Ford

From Henderson, Nevada — 02/02/2008

Long time employee that is sad to see that the hiring practices here have brought down the typical employee that was once hired at Ford Credit. Ford Credit used to hire 90% college grads for entry level customer service. Now, it's about 5%. Now, I don't necessarily think that you have to have a degree to be a good, competent customer service employee, but I can't believe some of the hires here. HR dictated that they attempt to get people with previous collections experience. Why on earth should HR be giving direction on hiring?

The monitoring of phone calls is a joke here. Even the supervisors hate it and think it's a joke. People can rail on customers and get away with it if their numbers are good and they like you. Really. They CAN fire you if you do something stupid, but it helps if you are part of a certain ethnic group.

The managers can be very condescending and try to stay in their offices as much as possible. The best managers have been run off or transfered to somewhere more desirable.

Good pay and a very clean, well kept building with nice gym. Nice part of town, too.