Employee Review of Fidelity Investments - Check out more reviews of working at Fidelity Investments

From Jacksonville, FL — 01/18/2010

I have been with Fidelity over 5 yrs and plan to stay with the firm for at least another 5. The other reviews on here all seem to be from the few people who could not hack it anywhere in the financial services industry. During the last 5 years I have only seen 2 people get fired. Job security is second-to-none. No other financial firm coaches and coddles their employees like fidelity. 6 months+ to get the series 7 with several weeks of paid study time (85% pass rate as a firm), 100% inside sales, non-commissioned based sales structures with extremely low base-line goals and a stack ranked bonus pay-out structure. Sales bonuses based on 2 measures, quantity and quality so that everyone has the chance to get paid. Base salary around 35k starting, 45k for entry level sales, 60k for midlevel and 80k+ for upper level. Bonuses up to 20-30% percent of pay. Unlimited advancement opportunities. I have taken 5 promotions in my 5 yrs, but I have seen others move much further than that. With nearly unlimited OT opportunities starting off as a financial rep you could easily make 45-50k in your first year not including 10% profit sharing, tuition/computer/fitness reimbursment, 7% 401K match and greath health benefits. The bottom line: Fidelity is a great place to get started in financial services with very little pressure and all the time and training you need to eventually venture off on your own as indepent advisor.