Employee Review of Farmers Insurance Group - Check out more reviews of working at Farmers Insurance Group

From Minnesota — 05/06/2010

I have been a career agent with Farmers for over 1 year. It has been great so far. I am shocked at how negative everyone is. I can only comment as an agent but when I started I got great training (almost too much). The training was scheduled weekly for the most part and there were people around always willing to lend a hand. I received tons of leads through the district office. Other than paying out a bit of money for networking groups, I haven't spent a dime. I am just now looking to open my own office which makes me a bit nervous but with what I have made in commission and subsidy (very little I have to pay back) it shouldn't be a big deal. Honestly, I have always wanted to run a business. Yes it has been very stressful at times and some very long hours but I know that in a few more years, I will be able to set my own hours and provide a great income for my family. I am just very surprised at some of the people on here talking about how they didn't hit their numbers and were forced out. The numbers were so easy. Sure there were a couple tough months here and there but overall, I almost doubled the minimum requirement each quarter. I guess some people just take to certain careers more than others.