Employee Review of Farmers Insurance Group - Check out more reviews of working at Farmers Insurance Group

From Olathe, KS — 02/03/2010

Farmers is a great place to work for if you're in the HelpPoint. The job security is there (we don't have to worry about lay offs in a time when many other companies do). Until September 2009 I would have rated the work/life balance a 5 because the hours are INSANELY flexible (you have to be there by 12:30, can't leave before 6:30 and must take a lunch between 45 mins and 2 hours if you work more than 6 hrs). In September Bristol West came out and we all started working crazy amounts of overtime. It's nice because the pay is great, but tit has affected the work/life balance.
If you work in the HelpPoint and you're not able to make the numbers then maybe this job is not for you. It is an extremely detail-oriented job, but if you're smart and you work hard, you'll succeed. I rate the career growth as 5 because we're opening approximately 300 positions in the next 6 months, so if you want to move up and you're successful, you can.
I'm certainly no "golden child" at work, I'm pretty quiet and I mind my own business. Never-the-less, I feel like our goals are clear and attainable.
I think several of the bitter reviews (honestly) come from people whose company has been taken over by Farmers. Lets be honest, your claims filing standards were sub par (at best), especially if you're coming from Bristol West. I get that Farmers might be hard for you, but you need to figure out that the way you did things before was about 10 years behind technology.