Employee Review of Family Video - Check out more reviews of working at Family Video

From Oklahoma — 10/10/2010

I have worked for FV for almost 2 years. I was a stay at home mom looking for a PT job. After 3 months I was quickly promoted to ASM, 6 months later to MIT, 3 months later to SM. All of this in just a year! What other company has the ability to promote so quickly? I had an 8 year gap in my employment history from raising 2 kids. When I was applying for jobs before FV they discriminated against me bc of that.
After reading most of these posts (I had to stop because the negative ones were just so far fetched) I felt compelled to give a review. The Oklahoma region is a spectacular one. Most of the managers are very close and supportive of one another. Our regional manager is a very personable guy who honestly cares about your well being. Our district managers are very much the same. They all know that if you are happy, you will be running a good store and they try to keep it that way.
These other posts are from regions that must not have that support system we have. I am very loyal to FV for the opportunities they have given me. Please know that not all stores are ran the same. I would be cautious of the stores posted on this page as you go in to your interview. Also be aware if you were treated ligitimately wrong there is a number for the home office to call. If these problems aren't brought into the open then they will never be solved.