Employee Review of Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America - Check out more reviews of working at Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America

From Nationwide — 07/24/2007

I found this site, looking for ways for my clients to drop their Aflac policies. All I found were some very unhappy Aflac employees. Some mention the straight commission as a negative thing, but my thought is, you never will be paid exactly what you are worth, unless you work straight commission. I am an independent agent for Family Heritage Life. I rated the pay as 5, because there is no limit to how much money you can make, and I make more money than I have ever made in my life. Aflac commentors mentioned a lack of training, or poor training. There isn't a catagory here to rate training, but I have to say the training at FHL is excellent. There is a week long Sales School, but your manager DOES come work with you, whenever needed. In fact, the President of the company regularlly works side by side with our agents. I put 0 for benefits, because we are self employed, so pay our own, like any other self employed person does. I never worry about my job securtiy, I put 3 for work/life balance, because that is entirely up to you. I drive myself pretty hard, but there is no one to blame but me, for that! I can't say enought good things about the company. I have never worked in such a possitive environment, never had such consistant support. I get a commission with advance, a residual income, am fully vested in 5 years, PLUS stock! All of you disgruntled Aflac people, check us out...we are what you were hoping Aflac was.