Employee Review of FAMILY DOLLAR - Check out more reviews of working at FAMILY DOLLAR

From Maquoketa, Iowa — 04/07/2008

This pertains to Distribution Center employment not a store. As a non-management employee for several years, I have found the pay and benefits to be decent for the area. While there have been some exceptions, respect is easily gained by being reliable and efficient. Being flexible to cross-train and do other jobs as well only helps both in respect and in job security. To be honest, it takes quite a bit for even a slacker to get fired. The potential is often available to changes jobs and attempt to move up. Co-Workers are competent to do their jobs if the choose to be. Heavier the overtime has been, the more grumbling and foot dragging. With a cap on mandatory overtime being 1 1/2 to 2 hours beyond regular hours, a little basic planning easily keeps a balance with your life.