Employee Review of FactSet - Check out more reviews of working at FactSet

From New York — 09/04/2010

Pay is not the best but it's not bad either. It balances out since they provide good health insurance, buy us lunch, and provide us abundant of snacks and drinks. Good way to keep us at our desk since everything is already there.

You typically start out in Consulting if you're not coming in as engineers. They promote highest performing consultants after a couple of years being stuck on phone support. Being on support is the best way to learn the products very well and learn about different clients' investment processes. It makes sense that they promote from within for most positions since those positions require specialized knowledge with the products.

Although the best consultants are promoted, the path is very limited. You can choose the path of Sales or Development. After a couple of years, you will have enough knowledge in the finance area to work for a bank. I noticed that people either stay there for over 10 years or leave after 2-3 years.