Employee Review of Ernst & Young - Check out more reviews of working at Ernst & Young

From Irvine, CA — 05/05/2010

Within the tax professionals, I think the pay is adequate. It is not that great for those below manager, but things get better as one learns more, performs to a higher level, and advances. On the other hand, advancement is somewhat political and competitive. The firm has been very flexible with me, so it would be hard to be critical of work/life balance. The benefits are outstanding, in my view. Job security is relatively poor, but given the recent recession, and that personnel represent the largest cost for the accounting profession....it is hard to see how this firm did anything different than other similar companies. The best things about the job, from my perspective, has been the flexibility and benefits, and the worst thing has been the job security. It may not be the most awesome place to work, but its okay.