Employee Review of Dollar Tree - Check out more reviews of working at Dollar Tree

From Clarksville, TN — 12/18/2007

Dollar Tree is a typical retail establishment. The pay is just over minimum wage. I really don't have any complaints about that stuff. It is what it is. My complaint is, we have no break room. None! We used to be able to sit in the office during our 10 min break, but since we had a turn over of managers, we are not allowed to do that anymore. Our choices are to sit outside in 30-40 degree temperatures on the sidewalk, or sit on a crate in the store room. Again no heating. Its not worth it. A lot of us don't bother with breaks. They took away the break room to make more room for stock.
And, is it just me, what is hanging merchandise so high on the walls, that you have to be at least 6 foot 6 to reach them. Customers complain all the time about not being able to reach things.
These complaints might sound petty, especially after reading about some other establishments, but I think we should have a place to sit and relax after working hard. Been promised it for years now.