Employee Review of Disney - Check out more reviews of working at Disney

From Orlando, FL — 02/04/2010

I just moved back home after work in the Magic Kingdom in Orlando, FL for 2 years. Honestly, the worst part is the pay, which is very low but the experience is deffinatly worth it especially if you are passionate about Disney. However, at the end of the day, you do work at a theme park where rides break down and people can be unhappy. While it deffinatly had it's bad days though, overall it was a fun place to work and they do try to make the cast feel appreciated even in such a large organization. The hours could get very long but managers did try to keep everyone encouraged. The benefits of working in the theme parks and getting in for free and the discounts were great but I am glad I did not have to rely on them for insurance. It's very difficult to work at Disney with only that income, I was fortunate to have a husband who had a "grown up job".