Employee Review of Disney - Check out more reviews of working at Disney

From Orlando, FL — 09/18/2009

I recently had to quit my job at WDW when I moved away. It definitely has it's ups and downs. I started off on the college program in attractions where i remainded for 3 of the best years of my life. The pay sucked and for the most part the managers were pretty absent or incompetent, but the co-workers made up for it. The job itself was fun and I worked with a great group of people who took pride in what they were doing. Plus, with the managers being gone so much, we got to do pretty much whatever we wanted.
The guest can be a pain sometime, but there are also times when you meet really amazing people and get to make their vacation better and that makes it all worthwhile.
After 3 years in attractions I became a server in a restaurant which is great great great money. I made a living working only 2 days a week. It was way less fun than working attractions though. It was like any serving job anywhere, you didn't get to participate in 'disney world' like you do in attractions.
As for career potential, you definitely have to play the game. It's mostly who you know and how much ass you kiss to get to the top. If you're looking to work your way up honestly in a company this probably isn't your best bet, but if you're looking for someplace to work for a little while and have the time of your life this is by far the best place to do it. I miss it and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.