Employee Review of Dick's Sporting Goods - Check out more reviews of working at Dick's Sporting Goods

From Louisville, KY — 08/08/2009

Respect: I think it is a culture of respect - especially from the district level management to store managers. I can honestly say that I have never experienced anything disrespectful at the few stores I have worked in.

Benefits: Try to find something better - you can't.

Job Security: Dick's is doing fine. Sales are good; there are no talks of lay-offs, hours being cut - nothing. In the world of retail - I think this is one of the FEW places to be.

Work/Life Balance: Again, never had a problem. If you give 100% when you do work, management will work around your life and usually take care of you. It's those that give 30% that complain.

Career Potential/Growth: I see it all the time. They give people chances if they produce. I do not plan to stay here after college but I know that if I choose to, I could make it a nice career.

Location: What? Not sure what they are asking here. We are in a great location - in a fabulous city.

Co-Worker Competence: There are some opportunities here with the slackers in the building. When it comes down to it, I know that the slackers are not getting the hours but I still wish they would address under-performers.

Work Environment: High expectations! They are successful because of it and I certainly do not expect to barely work and get paid. They are competitive and strive to be the best - which I think is a pretty good attitude.