Employee Review of Dick's Sporting Goods - Check out more reviews of working at Dick's Sporting Goods

From MI — 01/10/2009

Pay- I started out p/t making nothing but since moving to f/t I have been given a few raises that were very reasonable.

Respect- As with anything you get it when you give it. I respect my job therefore I feel respected.

Benefits- The medical and dental are actually pretty good. Dental is dirt cheap and covers pretty much everything.

Job Security- I live in Michigan everyone has lost their job... you never feel secure.

Work Life Balance- I never feel like I am off the clock. The only time it really got to me was during the holiday season. Simetimes you don't want to drive all the way in just so someone can take a break.

Location- Good spot, once you find it.

Co-worker Competence- hmm. Well it is retail, you get to see a lot of people come and go. Our store is lucky we don't have that much turnover and people do seem to be hard workers...with some exceptions.

Work Enironment- You get to watch t.v., look at all the newest Nike, North Face and Under Armour, play with the games on slower nights and sell people fun stuff. It really isn't that bad.

It's retail it is what it is, at least it is a place I would shop and not somewhere boring like Home Depot or Lowe's.