Employee Review of Dick's Sporting Goods - Check out more reviews of working at Dick's Sporting Goods

From Chicago — 12/17/2007

I'm sorry for those of you that have had a bad experience. Mine has been good. I admit that the pay is pretty average for retail but that's what it is like everywhere.

The new district manager seems to be a good guy who is helping to turn the stores around. The healthcare is great. They give you a choice of HMO or PPO. I like that.

The discount isn't bad. 25%off apparel and footware. We have family nights where you get 35% off. That's alot better than some stores.

Job security-Do your job and you'll keep it. Do a great job and you can move up. Call in, complain, do little work and you lose your job.

Work/life-it's retail. The hours are what they are. If you want 9-5....don't do retail. I like have the day off during the week. It' much easier to get things done.

They have alot of locations. Not as much out west.

Some workers are better than others. Need more training in the different departments.

Overall it's a good place to work.