Employee Review of CVS - Check out more reviews of working at CVS

From Fort Myers, FL — 05/14/2010

I work at CVS full-time as a Shift Supervisor B.

Pay: Not horrible, but not great either. Im only making 9.75/hour.

Respect: No matter where you work or what position you're in, if you're in retail you will NEVER get any respect from customers. As an hourly manager, i feel respected by both the salaried managers and clerks in my store. The pharmacy employees, especially the pharmacists, have no respect for anyone in the front store. They treat us like we're beneath them.

Benefits: Not bad for full-timers. I hear they suck for part-timers though. Also, we get 30% employee discount off CVS brand products and 20% off everything else in the store.

Job security: I feel secure in my job. Unless you really screw up, its quite difficult to get fired from CVS.

Work/life balance: I usually only get around 35 hours a week, even though im full-time. Plenty of time to have a life outside of work.

Career potential/growth: in this economy, stores are opening at a slower rate and openings for management positions are few.

Location: there are CVS stores everywhere, however my store is a 45-minute drive away.

Co-worker competence: most associates are good workers that know what they're doing. There is a few who are lazy college/highschool children and a few who are idiots, but for the most part you can rely on everyone doing their job correctly.

Work environment: Not bad for retail. CVS is a fairly laid back environment, you have plenty of time to get all your work done, have your lunch, and give your cashier a lunch before the store closes. Customers suck, but are not as bad as other companies ive worked for. Management at my store is good.