Employee Review of Costco Wholesale - Check out more reviews of working at Costco Wholesale

From Medford, Oregon — 02/14/2009

I am soooo glad that Costco found me. For most of my life I was truck driver and enjoyed it for the most part, but always my friends told me I should work around people and sell something. I didn't really want to sell for the money I just wanted to be in a situation where I could treat the customer right and not have to lie to them. It has now been over 15 years at Costco and I have had a minimum number of bad days at work. This outfit has allowed me to work in nearly every department and I have to say in all honesty that "the worst job in Costco is still the best job in town". I took a shot at management a number of years ago and never made it. I suppose I regret not working harder toward a management job, but in the long run I don't think I'll mind retiring as a regular old $20 per hour employee. ESPECIALLY IN THIS ECONOMY I am tickled to death to work for a company who may well be the last retailer standing. I could kiss Jim Senegal ( founder and CEO of Costco Wholesale) on the lips for not retiring when he should have and instead keeping his vision alive in this great company. He is a model for all of us who believe that hard work and perserverance can pay off.