Employee Review of Convergys Corporation - Check out more reviews of working at Convergys Corporation

From Pharr, Tx — 03/30/2010

Pay: It pays the rent. More than minimum wage, and if you're single, and living on your own, it's pretty okay. Maybe also as a secondary source of income for a family, but I deffinitely don't know how people can support a whole family on just that salary alone. Respect: I rated it as a three. Supervisors there are only going to give you as much respect as you give them. Benefits: I'm going to be honest, I don't really know much about the benefits offered since I'm pretty young (still at an age where I think I'm invinsible, but I'm sure that will pass) The vision benefits are pretty great and not super expensive, from what I hear though, medical sucks. Job security: HA! as with all call center jobs, you are replaceable. Just make sure you are hitting all your metrics and meeting the call center goals, and you can pretty much guarantee your job as long as Convergys doesn't lose your project. Work/Life Balance: ah, this is where things get tricky. You make friends there. As you can see from other posts, it's imposible not to get the two mixed up. just be careful. It is possible to have a life outside of work, but only if you work either the super early shift (6-2:30) or the late shift. Mid day shifts suck because you're stuck at work for 8 1/2 hrs a day. Career Potential/Growth: another big HA! they rarely hire within the company, and when they do, i'm pretty sure there's alot strings being pulled. sometimes there's opportunities to move from regular agent to trainer or at least floor support, but good luck with that. Location: OMG! to look at it on a map, the location is pretty sweet. it's centralized, so alot of different communities can work there, but try not to get the night shift. It's in a pretty sketchy part of town and there's alot of carjacking going on. Co-worker Competence: Some are good, some are just good at not getting caught doing something bad. Most know what they're doing, but since it's such a repetetive job, you'll see alot of cheating the system going on. Work Environment: super relaxed. Like i said before, it's so easy to blur the line between personal and work life. Just don't take advantage of the situation and you'll be fine. This is a job that pays the rent. I would deffinitely not reccomend it as a career, but if your'e serious about it, you'll do nicely here.