Employee Review of Comcast - Check out more reviews of working at Comcast

From MANCH-CHELM — 04/19/2006

The agreement with the attorney general also stipulates that Comcast's customer service representatives provide a supervisor when requested and maintain a customer account system that can update customers about the history of past complaints.

THE OTHER DAY I HAD A CUSTOMER REQUEST TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR. I ASKED IF I COULD HELP AND HE WANTED NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. I WENT TO A SUPERVISOR AND SHE SAID " WHERE IS YOUR SUPERVISOR OR DS?" I HAVE WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY FOR YEARS. I KNOW TO GO TO MY SUPERVISOR FIRST. IF I COME TO YOU I NEED HELP. I DON'T NEED ATTITUDE.
PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS WRONG, I DO GET HELP WHEN I ASK FOR IT BUT THE JOB IS STRESSFUL ENOUGH, PLEASE JUST HELP IF I ASK. DON'T TELL ME TO FIND FLOOR SUPPORT OR ANOTHER SUPERVISOR. THE CUSTOMER IS WAITING AND I ALREADY SPENT 3 OR 4 MINUTES LOOKING FOR FLOOR SUPPORT AND THEY WERE ALL HELPING OTHER REPS. (THEY DO A GREAT JOB AND WORK VERY HARD)PLEASE STOP ASKING US TO GO BACK TO THE CUSTOMER AND ASK THEM THIS OR THAT. THEY REQUESTED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR, PLEASE TAKE THE CALL.
I THINK WE SHOULD START AT THE TOP. PLEASE UPPER MANAGEMENT EASE UP ON YOUR MANAGERS AND SUPERVISORS AND IN RETURN THEY WILL BE LESS STRESSED. I THINK THIS WILL MAKE US LESS STRESS WHEN WE HAVE TO ASK THEM A QUESTION.
SO DOING JUST THIS ONE THING WILL MAKE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAPPY. THANKS