Employee Review of Cleveland Clinic - Check out more reviews of working at Cleveland Clinic

From Cleveland, OH — 08/25/2008

My position was largely administrative with some managerial responsibilities. Given my background, skills, and the work to be performed, I felt I was compensated very well. This is partly due to my ability to negotiate prior to job acceptance. I have a coworker I supervised who unfortunately began at a lower level and was never able to get her salary adjusted to a commensurate level for her accrued experience during her time there. As a salaried worker, I was expected to work more than 40 hours a week if needed of course.

I felt there were plenty of opportunities to get involved in committees and make a difference where you wanted to see one, and I took advantage of that.

I loved working here - it was an environment with learning options (grand rounds, conferences, classes sponsored by HR, etc.).

The only major complaint I have is the parking situation. Ok, so you get used to taking a shuttle to your car 10 minutes away. But on SNOW days - whew. Prepare for it to take an hour to go nowhere. Very frustrating.

There were a lot of politics and stress involved with working there, but I think that was largely a result of the particular department I was in. It's a huge organization, so the propensity towards gossip is there for sure!

Honestly, I miss working here and I miss my coworkers too. It was my favorite organization to work for, by far.