Employee Review of Claire's - Check out more reviews of working at Claire's

From Danville, VA — 04/13/2010

Pay: I am on the bottom of the pay scale for Assistant Managers, which is NOT a good thing! The ONLY raise I have gotten since I have been with the company for 2 YEARS, is when the min. wage went up. Which is rather wrong!

Respect: The people I work with on a daily basis are AWESOME! The only disrespect that I get is from the customers that sometimes feel the need to be very hateful towards all of us.

Benefits: We have some rather good benefits. A 50% discount on almost all merchandise, optional 401K, & insurance to name a few. I just wish that our insurance would stop going up in price!

Job Security: The job security is great, as long as you do your job, and don't want to be transferred out of your region. Which I have been told is NOT an option! And if I don't find out any different, I will be forced to leave my job in July!

Work/Life Balance: Personaly, I feel more work = a better life! I was hired on for 38 - 40 hours a week, but now am only recieving 28 - 30 hours a week. So therefore, the "quality" of my life is not as good as it was when I first started with the company. So now, I have all this free time, and can't get a second job because I will be moving 5 states away in 3 months!

Career Potential/Growth: It seems to me that the company would rather hire someone outside the company for higher jobs, than to just transfer someone that already knows the job...

Location: All of the Claire's stores I have seen are in local Malls. The mall I work in seems to be going down hill, and fear that the Claire's store in Danville, VA will suffer the same fate eventualy.

Co-worker Competence: All of the ladies that I work with in my store are very knowledgeable about all things in the store!

Work Environment: It's either feast of famine in this store! There is nothing in between. I am either bored to death trying to find something to do, or it's so busy that you have to turn down ear piercings!