Employee Review of Borders Bookstore - Check out more reviews of working at Borders Bookstore

From Houston,TX — 04/21/2009

I have a great GM, Operations Manager and Supervisor. Unfortunatly, that's where most of the great stops. The lack of respect for emoyees at store level is very obvious. Every store was required to layoff several supervisors, and add extra burden to the store level managers. GM's and managers are told "we know it's impossible, but you still have to follow everything we assign to you." Since I started working there, the halt on raises has been placed, and floor employees have a minimal chance of becoming full-time.There is a distinct separation of attitude towards floor employees between the stores and the corporate offices. Overall, working here is a mild hell from corporate and customers, with consolation found in the friendship from fellow employees and respect from supervisors and managers.