Employee Review of Blockbuster - Check out more reviews of working at Blockbuster

From Michigan — 05/09/2007

I worked at Blockbuster for almost five years, and although it was a fun job as an assistant store manager, I made 8.20 an hour. This didn't bother me at the time because I was in college but once district managers starting making us sell and sell, I had enough. I got respect from my store manager(a real cool guy) and I liked a lot of the other employees. It was a fun job, but not a career. Job security is alright because no one wants to work for peanuts. I was still able to have a life outside work but would never consider a potential career there. Location was good, and my coworkers tried their best to sell. The work environment is nice because you get free movies and get to know regular customers. I still get recognized as the Blockbuster girl. In conclusion, Blockbuster can be a fun job, but don't make it your life. They really only want you to sell for them. (the new Blockbuster online program is cool though :o))