Employee Review of Best Buy - Check out more reviews of working at Best Buy

From Baytown, Texas — 11/03/2009

I don't work here anymore, but I have to say it was my favorite job. I worked in PCHO/Wireless and loved it. You have to know your stuff to even make it through the day, so if you don't know it you will. Everyone knows what they're talking about and are kept well informed, unlike most retail jobs. It didn't take much effort to catch up and get on board. There is a team spirit that isn't overwhelmingly product and sales oriented. They really do love their employees and want to keep you happy. They pay well, great hours, smart co-workers, decent management. The atmosphere is ideal for undergrads. who have a passion for anything from computers to dvds. The discount is to die for<3 and you'll never find benefits like they offer. I rarely worked the real register but even that was well above par for the industry. You're kept up to date with thing you are interested in and are constantly learning in a good way. Nothing is shoved down your throat. You get dibs on new stuff and get to provide customers with things they WANT not necessarily need making the sales enjoyable for both parties. Sales positions are NOT COMMISSIONED BASED. Could you ask for more?