Employee Review of BB&T - Check out more reviews of working at BB&T

From Virginia — 09/30/2008

I know that a lot of people like to complain about their jobs, but I really don't have many complaints. I really like working for BB&T. I have been with the company for just over a year now, and I plan to stay for much longer than that. I started as a part time teller, and within just a couple of months I was offered full time. That was great, and then I was approached about training as a fill in for a different position. Also very good, I am really big on continued training. As soon as I got done with the training for the fill in position, I was offered that position full time, and have been doing it now for about 3 months. I am very happy in my new job. The pay certainly isn't the highest in the world, but I do feel that it is cominserate with the position. In just about a year I have recieved a 30% raise in my pay which I think is pretty good. My co-workers are great. They make it a point all the time to let one another know how they are appreciated and that really does make a difference. The hours are great. BB&T is a long standing old company so I feel very secure in my position. The benefits are pretty excellent, and overall I am just really happy that I decided to come to work for the company.