Employee Review of Ashley Furniture - Check out more reviews of working at Ashley Furniture

From Gonzales, LA — 10/20/2007

I work the back counter at Ashley Furniture, which entails answering phones, checking people out, and ordering furniture. I had previously worked at a very busy Starbucks, so this has been quite the vacation. There are downsides; such as calls being transferred back to you because other people don't feel like handling the customer's complaints and I've heard that the benefits are way too expensive, but I love it. At its worst, it's still pretty much stress-free. The worst part of your shift is passing the time (and messing around on the internet without getting caught) and deciding where to go eat for lunch. As with any job, some people are lazy and some people complain too much, but there's so much dead time that it's easy to catch up on work.