Employee Review of ARAMARK - Check out more reviews of working at ARAMARK

From Various — 12/31/2008

Aramark is all about what the individual decides to make of it. If you wait for someone to hand you an opportunity or a promotion, just like in the real world, it will never happen. However if you seek out opportunities for growth, they are bountiful. There are some accounts that are better than others, but it is all relatively easy. As long as you do your job, you cannot get fired. the HR processes for firing people is ludicrous at times, but always in favor of the employee. They generally do not hire skilled hourly labor in an attempt to lower labor costs which can make management challenging at times, but most of the hourly employees are very loyal and have been in their accounts for a good bit of time. After managing "regular" restaurants for years, I will never go back due to lack of work/life balance, lack of benefits, and lack of opportunity for promotion as compared to Aramark.