Employee Review of American Eagle Outfitters - Check out more reviews of working at American Eagle Outfitters

From Massapequa, New York — 07/15/2008

The pay, as others have said, is not the best. But honestly, I'm not that concerned because unlike others, I get at least 15 hours a week. I do wear a lot of their clothes so I am very content with with the discount. I'm also not concerned with benefits because after all, it is only a part-time job. I have 3 part-time jobs and I enjoy the variety of them and not having to work in one place all the time. Security is good, I have yet to see one person fired in the 8 months I have worked here. Though there are on-call shifts, they are not used that often and I don't mind when I get an extra hour or two before or after my shift. There is not much potential for a career, but again, this is a part-time job for me and I'm not looking to be here for many years to come. The location is excellent because it is about 2 minutes away from my house and even though it's not in the best mall around, it's a slower location and less stressful than most. My co-workers, for the most part, are great people and aren't condescending. We all like to enjoy our time at work, sing along with the music, have fun with each other. That being said, the environment is fun, but at times a little stressful when we are being pushed to get as many credit cards as humanly possible. I don't particularly like this part because I've never been one to force someone to get something they don't really need.