Employee Review of American Cancer Society - Check out more reviews of working at American Cancer Society

From NYC — 12/05/2006

I loved working in cancer prevention, but did not always like working for the American Cancer Society. I loved my team, our personal committment to fighting cancer, and the support that i recieved from the organization when i needed it the most. I did not like ACS, because i believe that they are more focused on fundraising than on cancer prevention; the support that they offer cancer patients does not fully meet the need of NYC's diverse population; and they are an institutionally racist organization. If I were rich, would i give money to the american cancer society? Yes, if they used the money to fund cancer treatment for patients screened under the Healthy Living Partnerships. Yes, if Cancer Control and Patient Services staff does not have to spend July to October doing fundraising instead of dedicating 100% of their time to cancer patients. Yes, if their Eastern Division and Regional leadership teams become more diverse. If all of thoes things at ACS changed, then i would like the organization as much and i like working to prevent cancer.