Employee Review of Aldi - Check out more reviews of working at Aldi

From Ohio — 02/24/2010

I've work at Aldi for two years, and I'm on the fence about how I feel about it. On one hand, I'm ready to be promoted and I love the job, but on the other hand, if I get promoted I'm not sure I will be happy with my work-life balance. I'm not happy with my boss. I think she is good at running the store, but I think she is selfish and unrealistic, and she doesn't stand up for her employees. It is EXTREMELY rare that I get told I do a good job, and it's hard for me to work in that environment. Yet it is a daily occurence to either be told that I did a bad job or have my boss tell me someone else did a bad job. I have worked at quite a few stores, and although this particular problem of the boss being a negative nancy isn't a real common problem, but it seems that every store has it's issues. I think it would be 100% better if there was an attainable point where you could do a good enough job. This is a good job. I love the people I work with, I enjoy interacting with customers, and working hard makes me feel good about what I do and makes me feel like I earn my paycheck. But the standards are very high, and that gets old real fast.