Employee Review of AIG - Check out more reviews of working at AIG

From Milwaukee, WI — 01/20/2007

The pay is very substantial, respect is on par, you're treated as one would deserve in most respects however breaks are not allowed aside from an unpaid lunch. Benefits are ok. Job security seems relatively stable although we frequently hear of cutbacks in other locations in the country, leaving us wondering when our day will come. Job loads are being transferred to the Philippines often. The company seemingly understands that life/family comes before the job. I have seen little to no opportunity for growth. The location is ok, bad neighborhood, close to downtown but the parking is free. Co-workers seem to be less than competent; the general feeling is that certain departments are unhappy when called upon to do their job with some level of professionalism. The environment is overall friendly with few exceptions. The company doesn't do a lot to build a "team" with in the location. Their could be more social aspects to the place, like a Christmas party, or something, all things considered AIG is rolling in it. Overall it's satisfactory at best, but I'm still looking to move on.