Employee Review of AFLAC - Check out more reviews of working at AFLAC

From NC — 03/07/2010

Alright I've read all of the good and bad reviews of other Agents so I thought I would go ahead and put my thoughts in here. First of all I only believe that 5% of people out there WILL succeed at this job. The reasons why are, most agents that are hired on cannot sell or talk to business owners. You have to have extreme self confidence and self discipline to keep yourself going. Let me make this perfectly clear, it is NOT easy and you have to work hard if you want to get anywhere in this business. It is going to take you a lot of homework, prospecting, referrals, and cold calling to be successful. However, from saying all of this, and still barely within my first year, it can be done. I am one of those few 5% that have succeeded and I did it in a crushed economy. Then again, I've also done my BUSINESS OWNER presentations since the first month and if I have any BIG piece of advice for any new agent it would be to practice that presentation until you can recite it in your sleep. By getting that flawless, I write my own paycheck at Aflac where others cannot. So, is it possible to get a decent salary at this job in a crushed economy? Most definitely, but you have to keep going, work hard every single day. I'm not going to tell you that it is easy, because it is not. But can you do it, YES, if you put the work into it. Good luck!