Employee Review of ADP - Check out more reviews of working at ADP

From Baltimore, Maryland — 03/10/2010

I have been with ADP for over 20 years. I came to ADP with a great work ethic. I worked hard, took advantage of the training they provided and have moved up within the company. I am familiar with operations, implementation, national accounts and major account sales. From a sales perspective, and in my experience, the people who come here and fail are usually people that expected to be spoon fed information, wanted someone else to tell them what to do every minute, and weren't willing to work past 5pm in the evening. The only people that are micromanaged are those that do not perform.

I have seen very little "favoritism". Our best sales people sell. They are not lucky. They are smart. They leverage the resources that ADP provides and they work their butts off. They are recognzed and rewarded for those efforts. That's not favoritism, it's the nature of sales.

We do put people through a grueling interview process. It's a priviledge to work here and a lot is invested in new hires. If they can't cut it, we cut them.

A word of advice ... if you're not willing to work hard, don't bother applying. That goes for every department at ADP. If you don't put in the effort, you'll stick out like a sore thumb. We don't need you.