Employee Review of Accenture - Check out more reviews of working at Accenture

From Chicago, Illinois — 12/17/2007

I have been with Accenture over 10 years. I started as analyst and was promoted quickly to manager in Consulting. It was a great place to work. Then the outsourcing and downturn started, the environment quickly changed to you are lucky to have a job and will be promoted when it makes "business sense" I then switched into the Enterprise workforce. I can says that the work life balance is fantastic and I think my pay is very good considering my responsibilities and the ability to work from home. I don't like that promotion opportunities are negligible and job security is lacking. I also feel that I receive limited opportunities to grow and have quite a few coworkers who are not competent and no action is taken by senior mangagement. Overall, I am happy with my situation but it could be much more challenging and I feel Accenture would benefit greatly by giving Enterprise employees more opportunities to contribute to the company. I don't think my experience is typical of consulting employees where I would say work life balance is a huge issue.