Employee Review of Abercrombie & Fitch - Check out more reviews of working at Abercrombie & Fitch

From Utah — 01/26/2009

First of all, I would like to start off by saying that I have worked for this company for over a year and I love my job.

Pay: The pay for part-timers is rediculously low. I feel bad for them seeing as they do work and maybe work 10-20 hours a week. I'm a full time employee and i make more than part timers, but it's still low for how much work i do on a daily basis.

Respect: I feel very respected by my co-workers and I have respect for them, I love my managers for the most part.

Benefits: Are great if you are full time. If you're part time..no benefits at all. Employees do get a good discount on clothing though.

Job Security: I feel very secure with my position in the company. I feel I do a great job and my store would be helpless without me.

Work/Life Balance: For part-time the work/life balance is great. This company is VERY flexible with their hours and works around other schedules such as school/other jobs. It's very easy to get time off for part-timers. For full-time well, work/life balance sucks. As for me, I work 1:30pm-10pm Monday through Friday with weekends off which is nice, but my weekly hours are non-negotiable. As far as I can see management hours are horrible as well, very random and never consistent.

Career Potential/Growth: the ONLY possible way to move up in this company is with a college degree.

Location: 5 minute drive from my house.

Co-worker Competence: I've had great employees. there are a few that I could do without, but we have to think here..it's a bunch of high school kids that are 17 years old. The only thing that gets old is people not calling or showing up for their scheduled shifts. A lot of high school kids don't take their job seriously.

Work Environment: I work in the back so I love it. I don't have to deal with the loud music, or darkness of the store. Or customers complaining about the loud music, or darkness of the store.

All in all, I do love my job and this company.