Working at ResCare — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about ResCare pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at ResCare

From Terre Haute. Indiana — 10/11/2010

This place is da bomb to work at yo! Old folks be hookin ya up with dem pills. The old boy I look after is a dope old dude. One time I was working with this red head SHE WAS OFF THE CHAIN, she had a big ole booty. She dropped old dudes meds and bent over to pick em up and I was all DAAAAAAAMN I gotta get that.

She totally dug it and gave it up right in the bathroom. My dude woke up and was like "Ah yah dats my boy" and checked it out for a minute. He calls me Pounder now.

The next day at work my supervisor was like BOY I HEARD YOU GOT UP IN SOME FIRE PIE and then we smoked a blunt.

Life is good.

From Ohio — 03/08/2010

I see so much negativity regarding this company and the shame of it is that for every negative comment on here there are probably equally, if not more, positive comments to be found. I have my gripes with ResCare but I can say that none of my problems have been with local management but the corporate business is business mentality. My supervisors have been respectful of me and protective. The pay, though not fantastic, is competitive with other companies in this field. My main beef with ResCare is that they allowed a union to come in, yes, allowed and this union really does nothing other than take my money, unwillingly.

From Buckhannon, WV — 03/08/2010

Reading over these “reviews” from some of my coworkers and ex-coworkers leaves me wondering if we work/worked for the same company! First, I will say that there are things that need changed and improved with ResCare, as with most companies. Overall, though, ResCare is an amazing company that does care for the people we support, and for their employees. ResCare has policies and procedures in place to ensure that these wonderful people we support are given the best care, and that employees are treated fairly and with respect. I do question, at times, the people that are hired by ResCare, and wonder, what were they thinking?! I go as far to say that I believe some of those who have posted “reviews” on here would fall into that category. I have worked for years with ResCare, and I have worked in several states. I have heard the moaning and groaning from my fellow coworkers and I realize that 40% of the problem may be with management, but 60% of the problems are with my coworkers! People complain, but what are YOU doing to make a difference? There are different levels in ResCare that if you see or think someone in management is acting inappropriately; you can go up these levels. I can write about what I know and I know that I work for a great company that is doing their best to improve and grow. It is the largest company in this field of special needs people, and they are by far the best. I have never been in management, ever, as I have always worked direct care. I see a lack of respect from some coworkers toward the management and the company; yet they demand respect! I have wonderful coworkers, in spite of the few rotten apples, and I work for a wonderful company that I would highly recommend to qualified people. As far as those who mentioned needing a union, trust me, unions cover up too much and fight to keep lazy people while providing nothing for their members. In Charleston, WV, you do not have to become a member of the union and you can file what is called an objection to the union, paying only a minimal amount of money for paperwork and processing, and not for dues. I end by saying, I am proud to work for ResCare and I am glad to be an important part of this team!

From CA — 02/03/2010

What everyone else has commented about Rescare is absolutely true. This company is incredibly penny pitching and unless you are someone of upper Management position or higher, you mean absolutely nothing to the company. All they care about is making profit from old and vulnerable people and sticking and close as possible to the 55% profit margin. I've worked with them for more than a year with no raise or opportunities for advancement. The staff was extremely incompetent and upper management consisted of "young corporate" people who had no thorough educational background or were able to properly manage a business.
Their accounting department is so screwed up and behind that they can't even manage their accounts receivablles and will often send billing statements to customers who have already paid 6 months ago.
Rescare's benefits are mediocre because their healthcare benefit premiums are so high I refused to even enroll.
The only thing that kept me staying was job stability because their turnover rate is pretty low. Other than that, if you're looking to stay with a company and just get a paycheck with no prospects of advancement, then this is the place for you.

From Mesa, AZ — 08/24/2009

Pay depends on work experience mine is minimal, however 8.50 an hour is enough to get me by. after 100 days i got a bonus. Everyone is very respectful all the time, I feel like my supervisor really cares about me personally. I have the opportunity to get some really awsome health insurance that covers quite alot. Huge job security, there will always be people with disabilities!! extremely flexible hours, I've had to call in a few hours before work to cancel, and my supervisor simply finds someone in the close area to cover no if and or buts.I also set my own hours. The certifications I got from working this job made it so easy for me to jump right into becoming aCNA and all certifications were 100% free(i.e. CPR and first aid, CIT,). I choose what houses I'm sent to, some are walking distance from where I live others are a short drive,I can also transfer easily when I tier of one state or city. Co-workers are down to earth, passionate, helpful, and understanding as these are requierments to working with disabled people. Work evironment changes from house to house some are beautiful some are gross, the main office however is disability friendly and always looks great.