Working at Red Ventures — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Red Ventures pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Red Ventures

From Charlotte, NC — 04/15/2010

I have worked at Red Ventures for over 4 years and honestly love my job. Sure there are certain days that are better than others but of all of my friends outside of Red Ventures I'm one of the few people that actually enjoy coming to work. We work extremely hard here (both corporate and sales) but its rewarding work that gets recognized by my peers and others here. Our benefits plan is really strong and the company covers the vast majority of the costs (even 100% in some cases so the employee pays nothing). More often than not these days companies are dropping the benefits they offer or making the employee incur more of the costs - at Red Ventures we are doing the opposite.

For those out there that say we only recruit because we are firing people or there is high turnover you should know that I currently work in our 5th office location - we have moved multiple times because we have outgrown the space in our previous offices. If a company is just firing people and replacing them then you don't outgrow your office. If you do the simple math you will understand why we have job fairs: the company was started in 2000 by 2 people - we now employ over 800 people and will be well over 1000 by the end of the year - that much growth requires a lot of recruiting. Our interview process is thorough for both corporate and sales positions because we know that we aren't for everyone and all candidates are not a good fit for us. In the sales interview process you get to sit with other sales consultants and listen to calls - we can't possibly be more transparent about the position and the work. For the corporate positions you get multiple chances to understand what day to day work would be like in your position through whiteboard sessions or case study style questions pertaining to our business.

From Charlotte, NC — 04/08/2010

There are so many negative posts about RV on this site, and it really bothers me because I love it here and know many other people who do. Yes, it's a place where everyone is expected to perform at the highest level, but the management is frank about that. What 's wrong with high expectations? It's definitely not the right place for someone who wants to punch a clock and collect a paycheck. You have to act like an entrepreneur here, like your job is your own little business. You have to give your all. I'll have been here 3 years in June. I've had the chance to move into different businesses and learn new things. I'm grateful for the opportunities I've had here and you know what? In this economy I am thankful to have a job at all. Especially one that I truly enjoy, working with great people who for the most part care about each other and do their best to work as a team. My one complaint is the location so far from home! I live near uptown and the new office is near Ballantyne. At least it's a reverse commute.